Becoming a model can be a challenging and competitive career path. The following are the steps you can take to become a model:
1. Determine your modeling goals: Before you begin pursuing a modeling career, you should have a clear idea of what kind of modeling you want to do. There are many different types of modeling, including fashion, commercial, fitness, and plus-size modeling. Each has its own requirements and standards, so you need to know which area you want to focus on.
2. Build your portfolio: A portfolio is a collection of photographs that showcase your modeling skills and versatility. You can work with a professional photographer to create a portfolio, or you can start by taking some basic headshots yourself. Your portfolio should include both close-up and full-body shots in a variety of outfits and poses.
3. Find a modeling agency: Modeling agencies are the gatekeepers to the modeling industry. They help connect models with clients and provide guidance and support throughout their careers. Research modeling agencies in your area and look for ones that specialize in the type of modeling you want to do.
4. Attend open calls: Many modeling agencies hold open calls where aspiring models can meet with agents and show their portfolios. This is a great way to get noticed by an agency and start building your professional network.
5. Work on your skills: Modeling requires more than just standing in front of a camera. You need to know how to pose, walk, and interact with clients and photographers. Consider taking modeling classes or working with a coach to develop your skills.
6. Stay in shape: Maintaining a healthy diet and exercise routine is essential for models. You need to look and feel your best to succeed in the industry.
7. Be persistent: Modeling is a highly competitive field, and rejection is a common occurrence. You need to have a thick skin and be persistent in pursuing your goals. Keep working on your skills, building your portfolio, and networking with industry professionals, and eventually, you’ll start to see success.
Recently I was reached out by Gabriela to help her with creating her portfolio. During her consultation session we figured out the looks for her shoot . My team jumped on the shoot and we had our makeup artist and hairstylist on board. Here are some of the images from her shoot. As always I am always concerned about models working without getting scammed, I gave her a list of all the legit agents who can help her kick start her career, she has gone on to be signed by mother agent.
Model Name : Gabrielle Amarando
Photographer : Vikrant Tunious